Saturday, December 22, 2012

It's a treat!

So, as promised, this post will include all things sinful that come along with celebrating Christmas!

Ofcourse, Sley and I got to a slow start this morning so mom had already started with the Sausage Balls...


These babies were just coming out of the oven as Sley and I walked in the door.


I wanted fudge with pecans because last batch that was made didn't have nuts. Mom agreed to the nuts if I provided them so luckily, my friend Gwen gave me some shelled pecans. Sley was put in charge of chopping them up.

(What a sexy nut chopper)
 
Mom taste testing the goods
 
 
My brother getting in on the action
 
 
The dogs kept coming in the kitchen and begging for food (well my dog, Dixie, doesn't beg...she just gets in the way...Axel barks until you give him food) so to kill 2 birds with one stone, I pulled out raw hides and sent them to the living room.

 


The sausage balls were done and Mom and I were about to start on the fudge...Sley had retired from his job as "nut chopper" to the living room to watch Amish Mafia while Mom and I trudged along.

We would have made Paula Deen proud with all this sugar and butter

Fudge is hard work! Now I know why we don't make it often. I remember going to Engelhard (where my dad's family lives) and always going straight for my grandma's fudge when I got there. No one else really liked it with the nuts so there was always a whole tin waiting for me that lasted the whole weekend.

 
 
After fudge, we cooked (well, not really cooked...more like made...) Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. I wasn't really a fan of these at first but having to smell them as I made them, I learned to like them a little more...

 

 
oh well, I can't turn it right side up but you get the picture...

After the no-bake, Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal cookies were completed, of course, Sley had to participate in a little taste tesing!


Mom started in on the chocolate chip cookies


Us kids (Victor, Sley, & I) decided to exercise our right to bear arms and go for a little target practice

Sley shooting "gangsta style"
 
Victor and Sley about to pop a cap

Even I got in on the action and shot a few rounds!
 
 
We got back home and this is what we found! 

 
 
All the sausage balls have been eaten and the Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies are next to being gone! It has definitely been a fun food day for us! Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!! After all these goodies, I'm sure I know what my New Year's Resolution will be...
 








No comments:

Post a Comment