Wednesday, November 28, 2012

This is what's up!

Wow it's been busy! With my vacation, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and the regular, everyday life, things get hectic, QUICK!





 Vacation was a blast! It was so nice waking up to the waves every morning. The weather was perfect and mom and I even got some Christmas shopping done!




Mom and I stayed at a nice resort with some pretty sweet low prices! They had a nice indoor pool and lazy river so we invited my cousins up the road to come partake in the pool fun! Mom and I sat out and just chatted while the kiddos swam it up!



After swimming and showers, Christi, Mom and I went up the road to Duffy's for some seafood and drinks. I was the driver (I had some stomach bug all day along with a sinus headache so I was completely ok with driving). The margarita was tasty and my crablegs were oh so good!



Round 2! It's ok though because "liquor before beer, never fear"! Boy have I messed up before on that one. After dinner and drinks we hung out at Christi's for a while to just relax and talk. The older I get, the less I like to "bar hop".



My god daughter, Bianca, had a birthday party a little ways away so Sley and I headed out to celebrate! I couldn't ever convince Sley to try rollerskating but then again, we don't need any hospital trips either.



My cousin Suzanne lives about 3 or so hours away so it's always so good to spend time with her. She didn't skate either so we kept the wall warm while the others skated away!



After the birthday party, Sley and I headed to Mariah's house! Mariah is one of my sorority sisters and other than Paige, is one of my best friends. She is a TRIP! It's so nice just hanging out with her and that night her friends Holly and Robbie were there. While Holly, Riah, and I were chatting it up, Sley and Robbie were chatting it up man style. GOOD TIMES!



I couldn't WAIT to get this baby up! Who cares if it was up before Thanksgiving. Christmas decor is an instant "pick me up"!



Sley wasn't used to all the decorating and "girly stuff". Once I put the tree up and got new ornaments, I got him to pick an ornament out that was separate from the others that would be considered "our ornament". We plan on continuing the tradition every year with a new special ornament for our tree!



I couldnt pull myself to not using every. single. ornament. so I put them to good use as a center piece for the kitchen table! Love it!



November 20, 2012 at 9:30am, I was considered OFFICIALLY DIVORCED! It was very humbling because I had obviously never done this before and had to get on the stand in front of everyone! Thank GOD for the bailiff who guided me through. Shew! Sure hope I never have to do that again! To celebrate, I got me this big ole chocolate bar (and ate it over the next few days lol). That night, Sley and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings with his sister where she and I celebrated with a mixed drink and idle chit chat!





Ahhh Good food. Thanksgiving was full of food and family. May I add, Sley and I got up early, took our time getting ready, I cooked while watching the Macy's Parade because every year, for the past 27 years of my life, Thanksgiving lunch started at 1. Well we left the house at 12 to get there and help Grantis and got there at 12:30 with all the family already eating. Apparently my mother forgot to tell me it started at 12 this year. OH WELL! There was still plenty to eat and everyone was waiting for me to get there with my infamous green bean casserole!

Every year, after lunch, all of us gals get ready for BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING! Lucky for Sley, it was his first experience and Black Friday happened to be his birthday this year! He is such a good sport!





That night, Sley, Mom, Victor and I headed to Walmart, got what we needed then came home to rest before we got in line at Belk. At 8pm there were already about 10 in line and it didn't open until 12am so about 9:30pm, Sley, Victor, and I got our chairs and headed for Belk to wait for our gift card!


Only the first 250 people got a ticket so we were good to go! I ended up getting $5, Sley got $5, and Victor got $10.

After a rescue mission for one of Victors friends, we headed to the local mall (around 1:30am). Victor got me my gift and we needed to refuel because I was crashing and getting ILL!



I really wanted breakfast but oh well. We walked around a little more and decided to call it a night (or day).

After getting some rest, Sley and I decided to head out on the town for his birthday. I recommended a very old BBQ joint downtown and thats where we went! It was so good and a nice laid back place to celebrate his birthday!


After dinner, we decided to walk around downtown and I got some really good pics (considering all I had was my iPhone!)




Raleigh is so different at night. It's so beautiful, especially with the Christmas decorations and lights! Oh and the smells coming from all of the different restaurants, AMAZING!



Sley and I decided to take a Rickshaw ride! It was so neat and the guy told us a lot about the history of downtown Raleigh! I would do it again in a heartbeat! It was free, you just tip! So sweet and so romantic. I told Sley his birthday was the best day that I have had in a long time!

Well, I think that's all for now! I promise to post more soon. I leave you with a few more pics of what I'm up to tonight for now!












No comments:

Post a Comment